Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs


It has been a while again.
It seem I always start any post with that :)
Again I been busy and have no real art to show and I am only here to encourage you to go see Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. I guess I am also late with that, since the movie has been in theaters for about 3 weeks. I was Lucky enough to have been part of the Assembly department, which does sets.

We take the empty environment after an artist from the design department designs the set and make it look as close as we can to the drawings they provide.
There is a lot of give and take from the design to the actual final look, due to the spacial relation on 3D. It is a fun place to be and the people I work with are amazing.

Here is a photoshopped example I took from the trailer.


I was also lucky enough to do some minor efxs for the movie. My bosses are amazing and teh Fxs department was kind enought to let me try. Thanks to everyone of them.

Movie official site

Here is the preview.


Also if you like games try Tetris Acorn drop.

It is fun and addictive.

No comments: