Monday, July 03, 2006

The Illustration


I made this sketch about a year ago when I was working on the book.

Nature facinates me and a child dancing in the middle of a grassy field, enjoying the quite time, is as close to nature one can be.

This is what the first sketch looked like,

and it was about that size.

Then I scaned the drawing and put it into painter and re-sketched the layout.

After that, I made the character to model, and added foreground elements for Dynamics. Making sure not to lose the little girl as the main focus.

After that, I added the midground color.


Then Foreground

Lastly I painted the character and the foreground grass.

I always wanted it to be a peaceful moment but all the foreground leaves started to look menacing, so I removed the big right leaf and blurred the closest ones to us.

This is with what I ended.



No comments: